Open Beta of the new 1.3 update for American Truck Simulator is now available on Steam! And if you want to test new features even before they become officially released, remember that tthere is long-awaited Arizona DLC avaliable!
Here's a bit of advertising for the new Arizona DLC: you will have the opportunity to ride on the streets 15 new cities, including the largest city in the state, and its capital, Phoenix, and other famous cities, like Flagstaff and Tucson. Explore the famous Route 66, cross the Colorado river through the unique bridges and discover many magnificent views of the state of Arizona.
Arizona is not all that will be added in update 1.3. There are a lot of chages, so here we will only mention the most key ones.
- The state of Arizona.
- World of Trucks Contracts now available straight from the game.
- Advanced Coupling System.
- Blinker auto off indicator may be disabled.
- Speeding highlight can be disabled.
- Torque converter simulation was significantly improved.
- Improved auto transmission.
- Added support for XInout.
- Added UI support for 4 and 5 of the controller.
- Gear shift selectors now have UI support.
- New accessories has been added to Peterbilt 579 and Kenworth T680 trucks.
- Updated air horn for all trucks.
- New engine sound for Kenworth W900.
- Interface sounds for all trucks has been changed.
- Changed the characteristics of the engines.
Changes in modding:
- Damage parameters have been moved out from file game_data.sii and replaced with some other parameters.
- Data driven engines (torque curve, the limit engine speed, etc.).
- Added force feedback data for XInput (force_feedback.sii).
- Added Torque converter data to physics.sii.
Remember that it's still only Open Beta and there's still some time before final release of the update. Not much, however! Participate in testing and share your opinions in the comments below. In the meantime, you can visit our page with the best mods for American Truck Simulator
where you can absolutely for free download a great many mods for ATS, without registration and viruses.