Finally there's BeamNG Drive version 0.5.3. This update contains a huge number of very significant changes, more of which we will tell you in this article. So what the long-awaited update is all about? There is actually a lot of new, but let's talk about it all in order.
Let's start with the most important changes:
- Implemented the engine temperature somulation.
- Now when you reload the car, it stays at the same place and in the same position.
- Added various surface types models and improved physics.
- Display of temperature condition: simulation of temperature in different engine's parts, blocks and liquids such as coolant, oil, cylinders, engine block and exhaust manifold.
- Improved damage model for radiator and coolant leaks, malfunctions, cylinder head, piston rings and connecting rod bearings.
- Improved graphic and sound display of damage: steam running while overheating or radiator damage, exhaust smoke, engine knocking sound, evaporation of the engine during warm-up on winter maps and much more.
- Dynamic display of exhaust and power peaks of the engine.
- Deeper configuration of jbeam files for radiators, oil cooler, damage thresholds, different types of radiators and different materials of the engine block.
- Added Thermal Debug, to display temperature conditions, showing warnings and errors.
- Implemented a dynamic fuel weight: the weight of the fuel will change, as it will be consumed by the engine.
- Minor improvements for dynamic (vehicles) and static (terrain and obstacles) collision.
- The amount of consumed memory for static collisions reduced by 20%.
- Added consideration of the airspeed is based on instrument data and allow the game to fairly accurately determine the vehicle's true speed.
- Added direct gearshifts for auto mode.
- Added directionVectorUp to more accurately determine position of the camera.
- Implemented calculation of the engine load in drivetrain.
- The state of the exhaust smoke is now dependent on engine load.
- Fixed some gravity calculation bugs.
- Added new LUA scripts: getEnvTemperature() and getEnvPressure () working with calculation of environment's temperature and pressure.
- ETK 800: slightly tweaked traction control, lightbar and added new wheels for version 856td.
- 200BX: new paint scheme for the police version, improved shaft lock steering wheel Fixed machine configuration, added new version of "Demon".
- Moonhawk: a new option "Custom Elite".
- Barstow: some fixes version "I6", new variant "Nightsnake".
- Sunburst: improved operation of the lock shaft of the steering wheel, the new version of "Drift Missile", new skins for options "Rally" and "Custom".
- SBR4: improved shaft lock steering wheel
- Bolide: added factory graphics Civetta for 390 GTR, added oil cooler and racing variants of the car.
- ’88 Pessima: added carbon fiber hood for the option "Custom", the Fixed form of a torpedo.
- Roamer: added color finish body option and "Sport".
- H45: changed the location of the spare tire, the rear wheel suspension has become more stringent.
- Added oily radiators, as optional items for Sunburst, 200BX, Covet, ’88 Pessima and Bolide.
- Added new wheels to Okudai PR01, in three colors and in different sizes from 15×7-17×9.
- Added a new steering wheel for Legno Classico.
- Now the body and frame of all cars it is a separate sub-parts. This allows you to replace the body Bibo frame without replacing the whole car - it is much easier to create different types of bodies for one car.
- All machines, a feature was added that "Additional Modification", for easier modding.
- Big changes in the mechanism of traction control. Now slip coefficient must be computed much more accurately.
- Improved response of the engine to the CPT during the drift.
- Fixed not working scripts count win/loss.
- Fixed inability to use certain features if you select "freeroam" after the script.
- Fixed bugs with messages during boot.
- Fixed a bug that final game was when the game demanded immediate action of the traction control system after you change the mode of the traction control.
- Now error messages will no longer appear during the game, freezing it.
- Now instead of fewer longer road segments, the game will create a lot of little ones.
- Bots will no longer use the brakes too often.
- Improved bots behavior when escape.
- Corrected a lot of mistakes, leading to strange behavior of bots.
Maps and scenarios
- Fixed inverted normals in the tunnels on the map Jungle Rock Island.
- Fixed bugs on map Hirochi Raceway.
- Fixed a bug where the script sometimes Highspeed Highway was completed in 9 control point.
- East Coast USA: the city now boasts new textures, areas and more detailed surface roads. Fixed bugs with navigation bots and other minor fixes.
- Added a script "Airfield Showdown" for JRI.
- Added a script "Bank Robbery" for ECA.
- Added a script "Intersection".
- Added a script "Intersection 2".
- Added a script "ECA Chase 2".
- Added a script "JRI Chase".
- Timings of some of the scenarios now meet all the change machines.
- Added the scale to the weight that appears when the capture of the object.
- Most objects weighing from a few kilograms up to 50 tons (use the mouse wheel to adjust power).
- The power can be set both before and after you grabbed the object.
- Fixed error in SSO Nodegrabber.
- Preliminary fix for gaming steering wheels. Improved performance of these devices.
- Fixed a bug where some controllers left analog stick was blocked the traffic right.
- Fixed bug with disabling buttons on the keyboard, after using the application UI.
- miscellaneous fixes of keyboard input.
- Added the minimap.
- application Windows now displays its size during stretching.
- A failure of important parts of the machine information will be displayed on the screen.
- New, more readable font in the settings window management.
- The shift Modes have been renamed.
- Added the time frame in the performance graph.
- Improved control through the gamepad menu in Vehicle Parts.
- Improved convenience menu Bindings (better colors, more tooltips, and more).
- Added the vignetting on the loading screen and main menu.
- Added new prompts and system messages.
- Fixed some bugs of the interface and Windows.
- Improved and optimized the operation of certain gaming devices.
- Fixed a bug where the game did not ended completely, leaving its process after exit.
- Game console now saves the history of commands after you exit the game.
- The sound in the game is muted now if you minimize or put the game on pause.
- Added support for loadable scripts for custom modifications: all scripts /*/modScript.lua or scripts/*/modScript.cs will now load.
- Log cleared of wrong error messages.
- Fixed several bugs in the editor and sound system.
- Fixed some bugs in the Mod Manager.
And some other minor improvements and bug fixes. I hope this article was useful for you. Share your views about our work in the comments. And don't forget to look at our website for mods for BeamNG Drive
. There you will find everything you need to properly test the new update.