We are happy to announce that open beta of update 1.23 for Euro Truck Simulator 2 became available on Steam.
The developers have added many changes to the core game, a full list of which you will find at the end of this article. But first, let's talk about the most important things that has been added.
Steam Workshop Support
Steam Workshop is a huge modding hub that facilitates development and implementation of custom modifications created by the community members. Thanks to Steam Workshop you will be able to download and install modifications effortless and without fear that they will contain any malicious program.
Here is a small guide on how to download and install mods through Steam Workshop:
- Start the game and open the Mod Manager. Then click on Steam Workshop button at the top of the window. The in-game Steam browser should appear and you will see the Steam Workshop game's page.
- Click on the "Items" button, select the mod and click on the big green button "Subscribe". Steam will download and install the mod, then you'll see the downloaded modification in Mod Manager.
- Double-click the mod to activate it, then confirm the changes and exit Mod Manager.
- Load your profile and try the downloaded mod.
SCS Workshop Uploader
Modding ETS 2 and ATS through Steam Workshop will require the use of a special tool, created by developers specifically for modders. This tool called SCS Workshop Uploader. You can freely download it from Steam's library under the "Tools" category.
Developers also prepared a special Wiki-site
where you can find all the documentation on SCS Workshop Uploader and guides on SCS Software games modding. Using this information, you'll learn how to create your own cool mod for ETS 2 or ATS and make it available to the thousands of fellow virtual truckers.
Improved wheels customization
As we already reported in our previous article
, the developers have greatly expanded possibility of modifying the wheels of your truck, making them much more similar to what we can see in real live. Now all wheels consist of tires, a disc, nuts, a hub and a hub cap - you can select and configure each of these parts separately. All existing in-game wheels were redesigned and now consist of these blocks. You can freely customize them, choosing from a vast array of combinations. Developers also tweaked the materials from which the wheels are made, making them more like the real ones.
Of course, in addition to the global changes mentioned above, developers have prepared for us some more general fixes and improvements, a full list of which can find below:
- Steam Workshop.
- New tires.
- New option: disable traffic offense.
- New option: disable navigation path (the red line in the Route Advisor).
- Added the ability to keep Route Advisor hidden while getting notification.
- New option: disable autoparking.
- Displays speeding highlights in Route Advisor
- Smart cruise control can use an engine brake, for trucks with no retarder.
- Improved shifting simulation.
- Real shifter layouts (Scania, Volvo, ZF).
- Improved stability of the truck when using retarder.
- Artificial intelligence improvements.
- A traffic offense cost now scaled player's level.
You can participate in the beta in the "public_beta" branch on Steam. We hope this article will useful for you. Participate in testing and share your thoughts in the comments! And by the way, on our website there are already a huge amount of cool trucks for Euro Truck Simulator 2
. You can download them easily and totally for free, and most important without fear for the safety of your computer.